Thursday, March 27, 2008

Spring Break

This has been a great week. My husband has had the week off, and now my sister and her family are here visiting. We've had Wii tournaments and snowball fights, pizza and homemade pound cake with fresh strawberries and cream. Sheer heaven on all counts! Alex adores his two older boy cousins. I love having my sister here. They got in late last night, and we stayed up talking until 4:30 this morning. I've had several cups of coffee, but I am still a zombie!
=0)

Someone from Autism Speaks just called, and she is sending me the First 100 Days kit and adding in local resources. I orginially heard about Autism Speaks when my church was setting up the new special needs ministry. The director came to talk to us, and she impressed me completely. She has children with autism, and her level of involvement with them, the autism community, and with the outreach of Autism Speaks amazed me. It made me wonder how one woman could do so much for so many.

At times I feel completely overwhelmed. And then at other times, I feel like I should and could do more or share more or join more. My husband is always telling me to cut myself some slack. He's right, there's time.

No comments: