Sunday, March 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Emily!

My sweet baby girl is 3 years old today!

She has had a great day. We took her out for her birthday, and she sat with her brother and sister on the other side of the booth--just like a big girl. She even let me sing "Happy Birthday" to her without throwing a fit or kicking me. Now that was a huge step! LOL!

The birthday girl is in her room asleep. When she wakes up, we have a Dora birthday cake for her and a few presents. I'm sad that it will be just us here to celebrate, but considering that Emily doesn't have a clue that is even her birthday or anything that birthdays entail, she won't notice or miss anyone.

It is so easy to let bitterness steal my joy today. But, just looking at her with her hair up in pigtails and a sweet look on her face can make me forget most things. I hope she can hold on to this innocence and never be hurt or disappointed by others.

Dearest Emily, my birthday wish for you is happiness, always. I love you!

No comments: