Saturday, March 29, 2008

I miss my sister already. She and her family just left for home, and I am so sad! She is such a bright part of my life. I love that our husbands and our children love to be together. My only wish is that we could live closer. My dream is to live next-door to them someday. Please Lord, let that happen!

Laura and her counterpart Annie had a high time together. Laura kept calling Annie her "Cousin Friend." There was an...incident...in the bathroom. My sister and I found a towel on the floor in there with some very suspicious and very stinky smears on it. Sis tossed the towel, and after they left, I gave Alex and Laura a lecture about handwashing and using TP and never, ever, ever a towel. I asked who did it, and Laura piped up, "Cousin Friend did it. She had poop on her hand." (stare, blink) My husband and I got a huge laugh out of that as we resanitized the bathroom. Poor Cousin Friend was probably not the culprit, but she was not here to defend herself. LOL!

Alex and the boys spent most of the time torturing the girls and bowling on the Wii. They all started packing up last night, and Alex had a very hard time with that. He climbed in my lap and said, "I don't want anyone in this house to leave." It was all I could do not to cry in agreement. I love that boy!

Emily's favorite part was climbing on her uncle's lap or patting the baby on the head. She was very gentle, which surprised me. One look at Em's baby dolls will tell ya that she is anything but gentle! She had such a good few days. Very few melt-downs. Lots of words. She seems to thrive in a crowd.

No comments: