Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday--IT'S CAMERA WEDNESDAY!

Alex looks forward to this all week. All of our activities are centered around taking and printing pictures. We will be going for a walk with our neighbor and her children, and Alex will take pictures of things we find on the way.

Today's seatwork (HWT) time was insightful. Alex was happy that we used the slate to make the letter of the day, "E," but he was very whiny. I think I figure somethings out about this time. First, we do this at the kitchen table. I think it is too high for him, and we are going to move down to the classroom and Alex's little desk tomorrow. When I put him on my lap to finish his page, he did better. Also, on the second half of the worksheet, I had Alex count the strokes it takes to make an E, and everytime he made a mark, we counted. He loves numbers, so counting while he was writing was very effective.

Well, snack time is almost over, so we are off to do our weather and calendar charts, memory verses, and our craft (picture book because it is CAMERA WEDNESDAY!).

No comments: